View all facilities

Butler Building

Image Unavailable
About
In 1909, George Washington Butler witnessed the fulfillment of a dream – the completion of the "Brick Building," as townfolk came to call it. Andrew Dow was engaged by Butler as the architect.

The Citizen’s State Bank, a grocery and drug store, and professional offices were all housed here. King’s Trail, as Second Street was known, gave the impression that League City had become a center of trade and commerce.

After falling into disrepair, the property was purchased and renovated by a local architect. Once again it houses professional offices, as well as Butler’s Courtyard, helping bring life and vitality back to the historic center of town.